Bile Stone Treatment
Bile Stone Treatment in Coimbatore:
The Bile Stone treatment performed by ELCE Hospitals is in both surgical and non-surgical methods.
What is Bile Stone?
Bile Stone is a solid material formed in the bile duct a small part under the liver. Gallstones block a bile duct causing severe pain which leads to bile stone treatment. Usually, Gallstones occur in two types like
Cholesterol stones are yellow-green in colors that occur in the gallbladder.
Pigment stones are smaller and darker made up of bilirubin which is a fluid segregated from the liver.
ELCE Hospital provides the best bile stone treatment in Coimbatore, which has an advance diagnosis tool to monitor and confirm the bile stone presence in your body.
Best Bile Stone Treatment
Causes of Bile Stone:
- The gall stones are formed when the level of cholesterol or bilirubin is high in the bile.
- Some other substances in the bile have the chance to form the bile duct stone.
- Pigment stone commonly occurs with patients of liver diseases or blood diseases who need bile stone treatment.
The other factors which include in the formation of bile stone are
- Female Gender: The bile stone problem occurs more commonly in females.
- Obesity: Being overweight is one of the reasons for gall stones formation.
- Sudden Weight Loss: The rapid weight loss in a body leading to crash or starvation diet forms bile duct stone.
- Medications: Intake of certain medicines like birth control pills or cholesterol-lowering drugs leads to bile duct stone formation and requires bile stone treatment.
Since the stone mix with bile liquid, it has a chance of blocking the outflow of bile from the gallbladder. Similarly, the flow of digestive enzymes is stopped from the pancreas. If the blockage remains, it has a chance of organ inflammation. This compression of the gall bladder may cause an increase in pressure, bulge swelling of the gallbladder, and infection of the gallbladder. Simultaneously the pancreas gets affected and leads to severe life-threatening.
To avoid this extreme condition the ELCE hospital top Gallstone treatment hospital uses the high equipment to treat the bile duct stones. The bile Stone treatment offered by them gives an immediate remedy and effective relief from the gallbladder stone formations known as gall stones or bile duct stones.
Top Bile Stone Treatment
Symptoms of Gall Stones
Many people live unaware of they have gallstones with no symptoms which is called silent gallstones that require no bile stone treatment.
Bile stone symptoms usually come when the complication develops. The actual common symptom of this defect is a pain in the right abdomen which occurs in episodes called an attack.
Affected people can get this attack often in days, weeks, or even in years.
The pain of the attack occurs generally within 30 mins after fatty or greasy meals.
The bile duct stone pain usually occurs in the form of severity that can be dull or constant with one to five hours.
The pain may occur at midnight which even awakens your sleep.
After the severity of the defect, there are common symptoms which occurs in the patients are
Vomiting and nausea: The person will be severely affected by continuous nausea feeling or even vomiting at times.
Fever: At this stage, the affected people will suffer from fever.
Indigestion: They usually suffer from the indigestion of food.
Intolerance: They use to avoid fatty meals due to the intolerance of those foods.
Jaundice: Finally they get affected with jaundice over the body.
ELCE Clinic the hospital which gives the best bile stone treatment can find the symptoms easily in the early stage of the bile stone formation without fail and give treatment based on the requirement of the patient.
Effective Bile Stone Treatment
Diagnosis of Bile Duct Stone
The most common tests and procedures that are used to find the gallstones or complicated bile duct stones for the bile stone treatment are
This abdominal ultrasound is the one commonly used testing procedure to detect the gallstones often. The abdominal ultrasound has a device ( transducer) that is moved forth and back over the stomach area. The transducer produces a signal to the computer and captures the complete images of the stomach. It is used to find the bile stones easily.
Endoscopic Ultrasound (EUS)
EUS procedure is to find even small stones that missed during abdominal ultrasound scanning. EUS is performed using a tube inserted through the mouth and through the stomach to scan the organ. The device ( transducer ) in the endoscopy generates a sound wave and produces the image of the bile stone.
Using the blood test we can find the infection, jaundice, pancreatitis and other defects caused by the bile stone.
ELCE hospitals the popular Gall stone treatment hospital has above all the advanced scanning machines to perform the best diagnosis treatment. The doctors in the ELCE Clinic are well-trained experts who have the ability to diagnosis accurately.
Bile Stone Treatment
Gallstones and bile duct stones are initially treated with antibiotics that help to control infection. Sometimes they are treated in the initial stage of diagnosis using the miniaturized instruments inserted through an ERCP. Alternatively, stones are treated with lithotripsy that produces sound waves to break the gallstones or given the surgical treatment of removing the gallbladder.
- When a surgeon identifies the gallstone using an X-ray, Ultrasound or MRI method which gives the images of blocking bile or pancreatic duct.
- They use miniaturized instruments inserted through the ERCP which gently enlarge the ductal opening and allow the stone to be removed.
- The Doctor suggests drugs that can dissolve the gallstones. But they are ineffective at times and are also not suggested in all cases.
- The common drug given for bile stone is ursodiol(bile salt) that gradually dissolves the cholesterol within the stones.
- If the medicine is discontinued by the patient there is a possibility of bile duct stone occurrence again and again.
- In this type of procedure, a high-frequency sound wave is allowed to break the gall stones. After the procedure, the patient intakes the bile salt tablets to dissolve the bile stones pieces. Only a few people are recommended for this type of treatment who has a big single stone.
- The patient who has an infection (cholangitis) or inflammation (cholecystitis) of the gallbladder is not recommended for this procedure.
- The stone is identified by the Ultrasound and Extracorporeal (meaning outside of the body) shock wave lithotripsy is performed by allowing high-intensity waves on the area of stone to break the gall stone into pieces.
- This procedure is performed for 45 minutes allowing the patient to become sedate for some time.
Surgery for the bile stone is a common procedure of removing the gall bladder called a cholecystectomy. When the gallbladder is removed using the miniaturized instrument laparoscope is called laparoscopic cholecystectomy.
- The laparoscopic procedure is performed for the patient who has severe infection or inflammation inside the gallbladder.
- During this procedure, the laparoscope makes half or quarter size incision over the abdomen part.
- The miniaturized instrument endoscopy, camera, and other instruments are inserted into the gallbladder.
- The camera provides video monitor to show the inflated gallbladder to the doctor and who in return removes the gallbladder using the instruments inserted through one incision and remove the gallbladder from other incision.
- The patients return to normal conditions within three to five days.
- Sometimes the open surgery is recommended by the doctor to the patients who have severe infections in the gallbladder or gallbladder lining is hardened which makes it difficult for the surgeon to remove it using the laparoscopic procedure.
- The procedure is infrequent based on the severity of the patient’s gallbladder disease condition.
- A large incision is made on the abdomen and the gallbladder is removed from the body using instruments.
- The procedure makes the patients get normal within five to seven days and the regular activities by them will take up to two to three weeks.
Why choose ELCE Clinic Bile Stone Treatment
ELCE hospital has all the facilities to diagnose and gives effective treatment for the bile stones.