Gastroscopy in Coimbatore | Gastroenterology in Coimbatore
Best Gastroscopy in Coimbatore
Upper and Lower GIT Endoscopy :
The endoscope is an instrument designed to enter, visualize the inner part of the Gastro-intestinal system (lumen) and images can be seen live on a video monitor. It’s a soft and flexible tube made with a light and camera attached within it using this doctor can take pictures of your digestive tract on a video LCD monitor.ELCE Hospitals is the best gastroscopy in Coimbatore uses the Endoscopy device to diagnosis the esophagus and other inner parts of the body. We are the top Gastrointestinal Surgeons in Coimbatore
Endoscopy is a revolutionary concept and of recent origin and has completely changed the methods of diagnosis and treatment of GIT disorders.
UPPER GI ENDOSCOPY: OGD
Esophagogastroduodenoscopy (EGD) provides an excellent view of mucosal surfaces of the esophagus, stomach, and proximal duodenum. Diagnostic observations are made concerning focal benign or malignant lesions, diffuse mucosal changes, luminal obstruction, movement and extrinsic compression by lesions of nearby structures.
Esophagus- begins distal to the cricoid cartilage and ends at the cardiac orifice of the stomach. Food pipe transmits food to the stomach
Stomach: Muscular organ consists of parts—fundus, body, pylorus
Duodenum: The first part of the small bowel is the duodenum. The endoscope can see only up to first and second parts of the duodenum
Other parts visualized :
Beginning of trachea and vocal cords
Leading Gastroscopy in Coimbatore – ELCE Hospitals
Indications for Upper GI Endoscopy:
• Consistent upper abdominal pain or pain associated with disturbing symptoms such as weight loss or anorexia
• Difficulty or pain while swallowing food
• Haematemesis-vomiting of blood
• Intractable or chronic symptoms of Reflux
• Unexplained irritability in a child
• Persistent vomiting of unknown etiology
• Surveillance to look for malignant lesions
• Iron deficiency anemia with presumed chronic blood loss when clinically an upper gastrointestinal (GI) source is suspected or when colonoscopy is normal
• Chronic diarrhea or malabsorption
• Assessment of acute injury after caustic ingestion
• Surveillance for malignancy in patients with premalignant conditions such as polyposis syndromes, previous caustic ingestion, or Barrett’s esophagus.
ELCE Hospitals provide a promising diagnosis with gastroscopy in Coimbatore to ensure the defect and diseases of the patient.
• Foreign body removal
• Dilation or stenting of strictures
• Stenting for Malign lesions with obstruction to food passage
• Esophageal variceal ligation
• Upper GI bleeding control
• Placement of feeding or draining tubes
• Management of achalasia-botulinum toxin, balloon dilation
To be done with caution:
Medical co-morbidities- Cardiac patients with Ischemic heart disease
Patients in sepsis, renal failure, Pulmonary complications
• Perforated bowel
• Toxic megacolon
• Severe neutropenia, Coagulopathy, Severe thrombocytopenia
• Sepsis, Recent bowel surgery
Top Gastroscopy in Coimbatore – ELCE Hospitals
FINDINGS OF UGI SCOPY
Esophagus- Strictures, Web, Achalasia cardia, Esophagitis, BarretsEsophagus
Stomach: Ulcer-various stages, mass lesion, Carcinoma, Gastric outlet obstruction, Polyps, Varices
Duodenum- Ulcer, Ampullary growth/cancers, Carcinoma, Polyps, Strictures, Obstruction
Gastric ulcer: Esophageal carcinoma:
The colonoscope is an endoscope of longer length and bigger diameter and used to visualize the large bowel. It’s done via anal orifice and can reach up to terminal ileum. ELCE Hospitals the best gastroscopy in Coimbatore uses the colonoscopy to diagnosis the lower inner part of the body.
Effective Gastroscopy in Coimbatore – ELCE Hospitals
• Accessing on barium enema or other imaging studies of an abnormality that is likely to be clinically significant, such as a filling defect or stricture
• Evaluation of unexplained gastrointestinal bleeding
• The upper gastrointestinal source has been excluded after Melena
• Presence of fecal occult blood
• Unexplained iron deficiency anemia
• Screening and surveillance for colonic neoplasia
• In patients with ulcerative or Crohn’s disease 8 or more years’ duration needs scopy every 1-2 years with systematic biopsies to detect dysplasia
• Chronic IBD of the colon to detect acute exacerbations
• Clinically significant or persistent diarrhea of unexplained origin
• location of a bleeding site.
• Processing the treatment of bleeding from lesions as vascular malformation, ulceration, neoplasia, and polypectomy site (eg, electrocoagulation, heater probe, laser or injection therapy)
• Foreign body removal
• Excision of colonic polyp
• Decompression of sigmoid volvulus
• Balloon dilation of stenotic lesions (eg, anastomotic strictures)
• Palliative care of stenosing or bleeding neoplasms (eg, laser, electrocoagulation, stenting)
• Marking a neoplasm for localization
The patient needs bowel preparation prior to the procedure. Bowel preparation is done by laxative solutions (polyethylene glycol) and then taken up for the procedure
Need for IV sedation – usually done under mild IV sedation.
ELCE Hospitals use professional gastroscopy in Coimbatore after the procedure to diagnosis the body of the patients.
Diagnostic – Detects colonic polyps, adenomas, and pre-cancerous lesions and thereby enables biopsy and excision at an early stage
In Inflammatory bowel disease- In ulcerative colitis, Crohn’sdisease initial diagnosis done by biopsy, then the patient may require screening at intervals to detect the extent of disease to evaluate any strictures or growths that may occur and in general disease progression can be monitored in IBD patients
In Bowel Cancer:
Diagnosis by biopsy is done. Screening colonoscopy is a useful tool and detects precancerous lesions at an early stage thereby limiting the spread of disease
Therapeutic uses :
Polypectomy: polyps that are small in size can be excised using colonoscopy and snare.
Stenting: Palliative stenting for advanced cancers with obstruction can be done using colonoscopy
Decompression of sigmoid volvulus
Identification and treatment of acute bleeding sites
colonoscopy can be useful not only for localizing the site of bleeding but also, for enabling therapeutic intervention. Endoscopic therapy using injection of epinephrine, electrocauterization, argon plasma coagulation (APC), band therapy, and/or clips is used to treat various causes of lower GI bleeding
Sigmoid cancer: Polypectomy:
It is generally recommended, however, that average-risk adults should begin colorectal cancer screening at age 50 years, utilizing one of several options for screening, among which is the colonoscopy
Annual fecal occult blood testing (FOBT) and periodic flexible sigmoidoscopy with follow-up colonoscopy are also recommended for average-risk screening.
• In patients with polyps identified on initial examination, the world health Organization recommends that follow-up colonoscopy be performed on the basis of polyp number and type, as well as dysplasia grade
Thus colonoscopy has become an important diagnostic and investigative tool for the GI system